Bed bugs are pesky pests who are growing day by day. They can have a negative effect on your physical and mental health. This unwanted guests feed on human blood and generally come out at night. Though they don’t spread any infectious diseases, they’re accountable for causing various health problems and ailments which can be a consequence of their bites.
Various health problems related to bed bug infestations are:
- Allergic Reaction:People who experience bed bug bites generally have mild allergies and hives. In severe cases, hypersensitivity to bites can cause anaphylactic shocks that can be life-threatening in some cases. If you’re undergoing swelling and stinging pain, seek immediate medical attention.
- Depression:Bed bugs are really hard to eradicate from the property. They generally hide in the corners and come out at night. With regular bites, a person could get deprived of sleep. This can adversely affect the mental and physical condition of a human being. If the infestation problem is left untreated, it may lead to depression and also weakened the immune system.
- Infection:Although bed bugs don’t carry any dangerous diseases, but can cause skin irritation and redness. Other germs can get into the wounds and make the infection worse.
- Insomnia:Bed bugs are nocturnal. Their bite is not painful but can cause severe irritation. You might not be able to sleep and wake up in the middle of the night scratching the affected areas. This results in various health issues such as sleep deprivation, depression, irritability, lack of appetite, anxiety, difficulty focusing and psychosis in extreme cases.
- Illnesses:Due to weak immune system, a bite affected victim may become susceptible to serious health ailments. This weakness can lead to other health ailments. Moreover, this may not only affect you physically, but also emotionally and socially.
If you’re facing bed bug invasion in your house or office, don’t wait until the last minute. Call our expert pest exterminators right away.